The 123Movies Kodi addon is, without a doubt, one of the best TV Addons for movie fans. 123Movies offers free streaming of movies, series and TV shows from around the world. In this guide we will see how to install 123Movies on FireStick through a series of simple steps.
Important: 123Movies no longer works. You can check this list with the best Movies Addons for Kodi, or this one featuring the best Kodi Addons and find an alternative. An Addon that we recommend is Not Sure Addon. If you follow the link, you will see how to install it in two minutes.
Install 123Movies on FireStick Running Kodi 17 Krypton
- Open Kodi and go to Settings by clicking on the icon that has a gear. Here, you must go to the File Manager and click on Add Source.
- A pop-up window will appear. You must type http://muckys.mediaportal4kodi.ml/ in the text field above where it says . In the lower part you must write the name of the source, which in this case is Muckys. Then click on OK.
- Go back to the Kodi home screen by pressing the Escape key. Navigate to Add-ons and click on the icon with a box on the top left, which is the Installer of the Add-ons (Package Installer). Here, we select the option to install from a zip file -> Muckys and click on the file repository.mdrepo-1.0.2.zip.
- Now navigate to Install from repository -> Muckys Ducks Repo -> Add-ons for Video Add-ons. Click on 123Movies.
- Click Install and wait for the Addon to install.
- Press the Escape key and go to the Kodi home screen. Next, go to Add-ons -> Video Add-ons and click on 123Movies.
- And that’s it.
Install 123Movies on FireStick Running Kodi 16 Jarvis
The steps to follow are the same as we have followed to install it in Kodi 17 Krypton. However, they change some elements of the interface and their names. An example is the Kodi 17 Settings option, which in Kodi 16 is called System. In addition, the main menu on the Kodi home screen is located horizontally in Kodi Jarvis, while in Kodi Krypton the main menu is vertical. If taking into account these considerations follow the steps above, you can install 321Movies on Kodi Jarvis without problems. Anyway, here are the steps:
- Open Kodi and go to System. Go to the File Manager, but you can also download the .zip file from the Muckys repository.
- Then click on Add Source and enter http://muckys.mediaportal4kodi.ml in the upper field. In the lower field enter Muckys. Then click on OK.
- Go to the main menu and select the System Option, which in Kodi 17 was called Settings. Continue to Add-ons -> Install from .zip file -> Muckys and select the repository.
- Now you must wait for the message that the repository is activated.
- With the repository installed, go to the Install from repository option and select Mucky Ducks Repo.
- Click on Video Add-ons and select 123 Movies. After a short period of time, you will see a message saying that the Addon is already activated.
- Go to the main menu and select Video -> Video Add-ons -> 123Movies. You will be shown a list of categories and we will have finished.
What to do if 123Movies does’t work on FireStick
Let’s see the problems that usually occur when 123Movies stops working on your fire stick.
123Movies Functional Issues
123Movies may suddenly stop working or freeze for an indeterminate amount of time until you restart Kodi. When you do, the same thing may happen again.
To solve this problem, you will need to check if 123Movies is updated to its latest version. In the following steps we explain how to update the 123Movies Addon:
- Start Kodi and go to Add-ons -> Video Add-ons and right click on 123Movies. Here, select Information.
- Click Update and activate the Automatic Updates (Auto-update).
- And that’s all. Updates will be applied automatically.
123Movies Streaming Issues
The previous guides have been tested several times for both Kodi 17 Krypton and Kodi 16. However, if the sources do not work, it may be that the URL that is included in 123Movies is not correct. Follow these steps to enter a new URL:
- Start Kodi and go to Add-ons. Then click on Video Add-ons and right click on 123Movies.
- Go to Settings and click on the URL of the site on the left side of the screen. Modify this URL to be the following: http://123movies.moscow.
- This URL should work correctly.
Error message: Error Check Log
This error may appear after the installation of 123Movies, when you are going to play content. When trying to play a video, a message may appear on the screen: Error Check Log. To fix it, you can follow these steps:
- The first thing you should do is clear the Kodi cache. To empty the cache, you can download the Add-on Installer and install the Addon Maintenance Tool.
- Go to Cache -> Purge Packages and click on OK when a confirmation message appears asking you if you really want to delete the files.
- Finally, you have to restart Kodi.
If the error still persists when you play files from 123Movies, it means that these files are geographically restricted. The solution will be to use a VPN for Kodi.
The problem will be solved with a VPN, since the VPNs for Kodi allow you to access geo-blocked content. VPNs keep your IP anonymous for both your ISP and the government and even for hackers who may have bad intentions.
123Movies it’s an excellent Addon for Kodi that offers you all kinds of movies and series. Following this guide you can install 123Movies on FireStick running any version of Kodi.